Holiday Decorating Tips
For working women it seems there is not enough time in a day to decorate for the season, take care of the boss and still go out and have some fun!
We need, we want, we demand a quick, quick, and easy solution!
- Fill large tubular vases or long wine glasses with red cranberries to add a beautiful splash of Christmas red to your dining area. Add Poinsettias to virtual vase as an option. (after you have added water).
- Take some small household, clear glass bottles or old glass vases. Throw some holiday-colored drops of paint inside, shake it up and the paint will splatter inside to look like a modern piece of art. Decorate with a fancy ribbon and voilà, you have some unique holiday decorating!
- Pick a short craggy branch from a tree. Spray paint it silver. You can stand it in a glass vase or hang it from the ceiling above your dining table and drop tinsel balls from it.
- For a daughter or granddaughter put a Poinsettia on the mantel and arrange some Holiday dolls bought at a Picture Lady Holiday Boutique around the Christmas flowers. It adds a festive touch and can be set up in less than half an hour.
- All you need now to set the Christmas mood is Fragrance Candle Lamps from Picture Lady. We recommend Apple Cinnamon Aroma Oil. It fills the house with Christmas cheer and sets the mood for the holidays! Oh so quick & easy!
- We suggest you get your Christmas Pictures and stocking stuffers from the Picture Lady Five Dollar Fun Table.
- Take two or three little Christmas pictures (depending on the size of the wall) and hang them on the wall. String yarn from picture to picture and add your Christmas Cards in a loop from one picture to the next.
To tie the holiday decorating all together it is a good idea to select a theme. Here are some popular themes:
- Angels (Great selection at a Picture lady Boutique)
- Rustic – don’t omit the candles or the gold painted pine cones and the scent of pine
- Modern and/or abstract – add colorful shapes on solid poster board. Instead of florals suggest you put colored tissue in your vases.
Christmas Decorating One thing you absolutely DO NOT WANT TO DO. Don’t wrap your pictures in Christmas paper unless you want your house to look like a fast food restaurant!
Quote for the Week
Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!
Hamilton Wright Maple