Disease is really a process that goes through several stages before it appears as a specific medical disease. This alternative health concept is quite different than the medical concept that disease can appear suddenly where there was only health before. Likewise, in treatment for disease, alternative health differs from the medical concept of healing.
Alternative health sees the first three stages of disease as normal body processes to combat the toxic influences on the body. A cold helps to more rapidly detoxify the body with a runny nose and fever. From an alternative health point of view, it should be allowed to run its course. The body is handling the cause of future ill health by rapidly (if unpleasantly) detoxifying. Medicine sees the same cold symptoms and prescribes something to stop the symptoms (the sneezing, runny nose and fever) and therefore doesn’t address the actual cause of the cold.
You might look at “cold/flu season” as as nature attempting to clean out the body following the “holiday season” with its ritual overeating of meat and rich, sweet, alcoholic foods. If this detoxification is prevented, future problems are allowed to grow.
Tina Johnson and Dr. Chris Morris, a naturalistic doctor (one who uses food, herbs, water and natural means to cure; not surgery or drugs) explain it this way: The body becomes ill by stages. (I have used different names for these stages in the hope that the names are more recognizable.)
Elimination — When the body is first presented with toxic substances that impede the body’s normal function, the body attempts to eliminate them. Such substances could be from normal digestion such as uric acid from digesting meat; a bacterial infection such as strep throat; a bee sting or even pesticides. These would be neutralized by the liver and then eliminated through pooping, peeing, coughing, sweating or exhaling.
Irritation — When the body is overwhelmed by toxins and the normal elimination channels are not sufficient to expel all the toxins as they come in, the body throws additional means of elimination into gear. Such means might include skin rashes, bad breath, diarrhea, etc.
Inflammation— When even the additional means of elimination are overwhelmed and insufficient to handle the toxic load, the body tries to localize the toxins and the resulting location becomes inflamed: red, swollen, hot and painful. Calling it tonsillitis just says the toxins “have taken up residence” in the tonsils; tendonitis says they’ve accumulated in the tendons (the tough white bands at the end of muscles that anchor them to the bones). Fever, from an alternative health point of view, is very favorable as the high temperature kills viruses and bacteria if it is not prevented. A cold is the body’s way of eliminating toxins on a faster, broader scale.
All the above stages are usually quickly resolved and health restored if we catch the problem early and apply remedies to help the body heal itself. However, if they are ignored and the toxic load continues to overwhelm the body, the disease that is now obvious becomes very difficult to cure.
Chronic disease — If the body is prevented, instead of assisted in eliminating toxins, the body attempts to quarantine the toxins by sacrificing a particular organ or system to prevent death. Here, after all three of the preceding stages, we find growths and chronic disease such as ulcers, irritable bowel, chronic fatigue syndrome, etc.
Organ failure, or cancer — Unable to reverse the chronic disease(s), the body begins to die.
Peter Glickman – Author of “The Master Cleanse”
Note from Picture Lady
WARNING: your body starts the detoxification when you have too much “dirt in the system” – it is like a car, it runs much better when you have done the regular lube.
For those of us trapped in the rat-race and struggling to make a living by working 24/7 in a business, or doing a 9-5 job, we may need to cut back on the gradient.
When you begin to feel funny, a get cold-like symptoms – perhaps runny nose, sore throat, diarrhea, rashes, headaches, or other aches and pains it is fine and well to know that this is just one big house-cleaning; but how are you cope with working!
Delox can sometimes get in the way of working.
We at Picture Lady Health have found some additional products that expedite and alleviate the detox.
- Baths with Epsom salts
- Eliminator One promotes regularity: this is essential in moving the toxins through your body and out.
- Eliminator Two – the Colon Cleanse. Do before you do a major cleanse.
- Liver Cleanse – when experiencing adverse symptoms, we cut back on food and only juice two days in the week (can be done on a weekend) and take the herbal drops and teas. (If you work for yourself and work 24/7 because you also work on the weekend, don’t juice only but also eat fruits and veggies.
- To substitute for food when experiencing detox, we recommend this delicious green drink
- Kidney Cleanse – herbal. This is very effective in increasing a feeling of well being after a weekend’s cleanse.
- Natural Kidney cleanse: This is an effective and inexpensive blood thinner and kidney cleanse:Take the stems of cilantro and boil these for ten minutes at night. Strain the water and refrigerate. Drink the juice.
- We have discovered a food supplement that really works for us. It takes the stress out of life and will make the effects of a detox much easier on you. If this is of any interest to you, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Quote for the Week
It’s very simple. Keep your body as clean as possible, your mind as clear as possible. That’s all you need.
And do it in anyway you can, in your own way. It doesn’t matter.